Swimming is the most commonly recommended form of exercise for pregnant women, yet conventional swimming strokes (especially breaststroke), can create strain on pelvic and lower back muscles.
Your skeletal, muscle and nervous systems work in unison to provide the co-ordination, energy and sufficient oxygen required for optimal fitness. Because the way Aquanatal yoga uses water, all these systems can work better together, in a more integrated way.
Our purposeful and extensive use of the breath during Aquanatal Yoga allows pregnant women to stretch as their babies grow without straining. Avoiding impact and overheating while promoting access to deep relaxation in a quick and easy manner.
Water provides a soothing yet stimulating environment to maintain fitness during pregnancy. As such, Aquanatal Yoga is the ideal form of exercise for pregnant women, irrespective of your level of fitness.
You’ll experience numerous physical and emotional benefits from attending our Aquanatal Yoga classes:
- A safe, gentle and effective way to tone abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- The ability to carry out intense exercise with low impact stress
- Increases the efficiency of the nervous system
- Improves blood flow to the pelvic area
- Detoxifies and moves fluids
- Stimulates the receptors to the skin
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Increases oxygen supply to match increase in blood volume and cardiac output
- Strengthens the muscles and keeps the spine straight and supple
- Maintain flexibility of the spine and joints
- Promotes an intimate bond with one’s growing baby
- Nurtures calm and self-confidence through the emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy
- Allows access to better and deeper sleep during pregnancy, which contributes to reduce anxiety and fatigue
- Promotes positive feelings and alleviates anxiety and depression
- The water offers a cooling, discrete and comfortable environment for exercise in late pregnancy
- Tension release, relaxing, calming, pleasurable and fun!
Our aquanatal yoga classes are also a great opportunity to meet and form friendships with other like-minded mums-to-be, all while enjoying a fantastic, safe workout!
A large part of preparing for birth is concentrating on your own physical, mental and emotional wellness throughout pregnancy. This level of self care can help you in the postnatal period as you navigate life with a newborn and your return to full fitness.
Each of our Turtle Tums courses run for 5 weeks and are block booked at the beginning of each course.
When you reach your 36th week classes are then paid for on a week by week basis.
Please note: mummies-to-be must be at least 12 weeks pregnant before joining classes and can enjoy our Tums classes right up until your little one arrives.
A Complete Antenatal Education:
Because parents deserve better!
Our Courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know from the beginning of pregnancy and on into parenthood.
Everything we do is based upon evidence and well proven techniques, free from judgement and opinion.
With unrivalled support you can be rest assured that we will always be there, ready to help, for as long as you need us.
Learn More About
Our Antenatal Courses
Our Mummy Mothering sessions are about you, because by supporting you, we help support your baby and your family unit. They are exclusively available to Small Acorn Family Members only.
These sessions help build upon everything you will have already learnt and offer practical, as well as emotional support.
They completely revolve around you, covering everything from breastfeeding and baby wearing to sleep and socialising.
A single session of yoga, whilst pregnant,
reduces anxiety and hormone levels, related to stress, by a whopping
Imagine that every week!